Nuevo Renacer, El Salvador

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

the universal languages



OK, so anyone
that has ever travelled anywhere outside the US knows that soccer is pretty much the world sport. And once again the soccer game between our team and El Sal was a highlight. And yet, each time I get to be a part of one these games, I am still touched by the ability of the playing field to make all men equals. It's simple really: two teams, a hand full of rules and a black & white ball. And yet the connection that happens between the guys is simply amazing! There is a pride that comes out in the villagers that we rarely see and a joy in the entire community. I'm just glad I'm good with a camera and I get to be team photographer rather than kill myself running that field!

Equally, song has the ability to cross all barriers. Panteleone kept his promise from trip 1 and wrote a song in honor of Agros and the work we are all doing together. Gerry even made his way into the song by name. It was a beautiful gift that each of us will value for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home